Aging & Disability Resource Center
Nebraska’s Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) is the best place for you, family, friends, caregivers and providers to get information about long-term services and supports for older adults and persons with disabilities of any age.
The ADRC is the “one-stop shop” at the community level to help you make informed decisions about long term services and supports. It is a collaborative effort between aging and disability organizations.
The ADRC will assist:
- Persons age 60 and over
- Persons with disabilities of any age
- Family members, caregivers, advocates and providers for these groups
The Nebraska ADRC will provide:
- Information and Assistance.
Our information and assistance staff will help you with your questions and concerns about long term care. Do you have questions about:
- Living arrangements related to long-term care
- In-home services such as housekeeping, personal care, respite, equipment, care coordination
- Paying for long term care services
- Health promotion, prevention
- Adult protective services, abuse, neglect, financial exploitation
- Mental health services
- Financial and other basic needs such as food, shelter, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
- Legal issues such as consumer rights, advocacy, power of attorney, guardianship, etc.
Information and assistance staff are available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM by calling (844) 843-6364 or (402) 370-3454.
Making decisions about long term care services can be difficult. An Options Counselor can provide unbiased information that is relevant to your needs, preferences and goals. This person-centered service supports you in making informed choices about long term care service options. We can meet with you, your family and caregivers in person to talk about what is available to meet your current and future needs for care.
Options Counselors are available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. To schedule an appointment, call (844) 843-6364 or (402) 370-3454.
You can also look at the ADRC website with statewide information for you, your family and caregivers: www.ADRCNebraska.org
The website has information that includes:
- A library with information on health, medications, symptom checker
- Legislative at the State and Federal level
- Assistive devices
- Prescription drug assistance
- Fall Prevention
- My Personal Health Record, (My PHR) to organize and store your medical and health care information.
- And much more
The ADRC is here to help you navigate through what can be a consuming and complicated maze of services and programs. We will collaborate and partner with multiple community providers to obtain and access information and services for you. All of our information and assistance is free and confidential.