About the NENAAA
The Northeast Nebraska Area Agency on Aging (NENAAA) is one of eight Area Agencies on Aging in Nebraska. NENAAA is composed of 22 counties in Northeast Nebraska, which cover 27,000 square miles.
The participating counties/communities:
- Cherry/City of Valentine
- City of Columbus
- Keya Paha
The Mission of the Northeast Nebraska Area Agency on Aging is to assist older adults to remain independent. This is done through a variety of programs and services.
The following is a list of services that may be available:
- Chore Service
- Care Management
- Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Health Clinic
- Health Promotion
- Legal Assistance
- Congregate Meals
- Information and Assistance
- Home-delivered Meals
- Family Caregiver Support
- Aged and Disabled Medicaid Waiver
- Emergency Response System
- Nebraska Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) (Medicare Fraud)
- SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program)
- Ombudsman (Advocate for Nursing Facility Residents)
- Senior Care Options (Nursing facility pre-admission screening)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
Eligibility for services is based on age. A person must be 60 years or older to qualify but other considerations may be given.
Services are provided under the Older Americans Act (OAA), the Nebraska Community Aging Services Act, Care Management and/or the Aged and Disabled Medicaid Waiver. Services are provided on a sliding fee scale or a suggested donation basis.
For information on services available in Northeast Nebraska, call (800) 672-8368 or (402) 370-3454. For information in other parts of Nebraska, call the Nebraska State Unit on Aging (800) 942-7830.