Nebraska State Unit on Aging
Nebraska's State Unit on Aging is a unit within the State's Department of Health and Human Service System. The State Unit on Aging allocates federal and state funding and provides program and policy direction and technical assistance to the state's eight Area Agencies on Aging.
The mission of the State Unit on Aging is to promote the dignity, independence, and freedom of choice for older Nebraskans.
To accomplish this, the State Unit on Aging performs a variety of advocacy, planning, research, education, coordination, public information, monitoring and evaluating functions.
The State is Required to:
- Develop a State Plan for submission to the Assistant Secretary on Aging;
- Administer the State Plan;
- Be responsible for planning, policy development, administration, coordination, priority setting and evaluation of all state activities;
- Serve as an effective and visible advocate for older individuals; and,
- Provide technical assistance and training.
To Contact the Nebraska State Unit on Aging:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
State Unit on Aging
PO Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026